Friday, August 31, 2007

Wikis in the Library (Library 2.0 Week 7 Things 16 & 17)

The phrase that comes to mind when I think about wikis is "shared knowledge". It seems to me that wikis allow us to realize the meaning of this phrase easily and include the additional element of collaboration. As teacher librarians we all know that we learn more when we are able to share our knowledge with others. What better way to do this than through a wiki? I envision a dynamic space in which students of all ages share what they are passionate about with others in their learning community. Shared knowledge for all !(Library 2.0 Week 7 Things 16 & 17)

1 comment:

oweLMT2 said...

I was thinking a wiki might be a place for our student book club members to share comments since they never remember to come to the library on the right day. I think getting to use the computer that way will keep them motivated to share about what they are reading. By the way you are making great time down the home stretch. I just finished a couple days ago.